A letter to someone special !!!

Hey There,

I know it is little creepy but we need to talk. Not in a bad way, we are not gonna break up or anything. I just wanna tell you how great you are these days. I think sometimes you deserve little attention and hence this letter.

We both know that Fall was painful and we struggled and suffered together a lot. Then, you just gave up on me in the middle of a marathon. Come on, in the middle? I was so pissed on you for 2 weeks that we didn't run even a single recovery run together. Then came Med center 5k and we ran together a 19:45. We started talking again and you promised that you will stay with me for spring.

So far you have delivered on your promise. You are with me when I need you most. I sometimes tire you but you don't complain. I know I am not taking enough care of you. I know, and yet you are not complaining. Since marathon we have run 6 races together in 8 weeks and out of them 4 were PR's. Remember how I told you before that we belong together. Yes, we do!!!

You run with me at track and sometimes I am amazed how hard you can work despite pain. You ran with me at Rodeo run and ran 6:10 for the 6th mile, outstanding. For Race against violence, I didn't listen to your warning and got drunk the night before. I know, I should really listen to you. But, I am reckless. You were absolutely right. We didn't have a great race together but you were still outstanding. 5:48 for the first mile, ouch...What were you thinking?

I listened to you during BCC 10K and voila another PR. You are awesome. You never complain like a true companion. I promise that I will take better care of you in future and I hope you won't disappoint me.





To my legs,
With love...
Neeraj....:)

Comments

  1. Glad to hear that you and your legs are starting to patch things up. You should treat "her" to a nice massage or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talk to my legs all the time. The also talk back. There can be some rather harsh comments going back-and-forth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Running Scene in India Vs USA: Random Thoughts

Reflections while running "Easy and Steady" for a comeback

Finishline Sports 30K Race Report !!!