Boston or Bust !!!

Fall training season has started. And, life is good. I believe laying low in terms of mileage for June & July was a good idea. When I started training again in August, my legs felt fresh and hungry for some running. I am a strong believer in training philosophy of Jack Daniels. It just makes so much sense scientifically and some of the runners I respect swear by Jack Daniels. Hence, I am also sold on Jack Daniels training principles.

In first six weeks of my training the goal was to build a solid easy running base. I ran most of my runs at 7:55-8:15 min/mile and I can feel a significant improvement in my aerobic capacity. During brutal heat and humidity of Houston running easy really feels good :)

I am at second phase of my marathon training where the focus would be on Hill training. I have started doing Mt. Bacon workout with Simon, Jay, Scott, Anna & Mark Fraser. Mt. Bacon is really a good workout. First, we jog 3 miles from memorial park to a parking garage. Then, we run up the garage (11 levels or 0.5 miles) and jog back and do it four times (ouch...). Afterwards, we do a 3 mile cool down and get back to memorial park. My goal is to run the garages aerobically and focus on my running form. Hopefully, it will pay dividends during 10 miler race in October.

I have also joined Kenyan Way training program for reasons I am not entirely sure. Well, I got 50% student discount and paid only $65 for it so it is not terribly bad. Now, I can do my long run on varying routes on Saturday and make Sunday a recovery/experimental day. I am not doing any consistent speed work for now but hopefully it will start soon.

Although I want to run 3:10 in Houston marathon, this will be a very difficult goal. So, I am gonna break it in smaller goals and adjust my plan accordingly. My next two running goals are:

10 miler in 1:07:xx: (6:48 pace)
Half marathon in 1:29:xx (6:52 pace)

We shall see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Scene in India Vs USA: Random Thoughts

Reflections while running "Easy and Steady" for a comeback

Finishline Sports 30K Race Report !!!